Headaches and Migraines
Headaches and Migraines can be caused by misalignments in the spine causing pain in many different areas of the head.
While there are many different headaches, three common types are:
- Can be very intense
- Often a throbbing pain
- Generally beginning in the morning
- Can cause nausea and vomiting
- Can cause sensitivity to light and noise
- Can last for more than one day
- Often not relieved by anything except sleep and time
- Usually has a big impact on your quality of life, causing you to miss work and fun events.
Causes of Migraine Headaches:
- Toxicity in your body chemistry often leads to a migraine headache and it often comes from the middle of your back (mid thoracic spine) not functioning properly.
- These headaches can be made worse by alcohol, some medications, other chemicals and dehydration.
- These headaches feel like a dull pressure in the front or back of your head
- Dull headache begins when you wake up and often lasts all day
- Hard to concentrate
- More noticeable when your not as busy
- Nothing really relieves these and they can go on for days
- May feel light-headed or dizzy with these headaches
Causes of Suboccipital headaches:
- Usually from a misalignment of the vertebrae at the top of the neck
- Sleeping incorrectly and tossing and turning puts more pressure on the upper neck
- Can be the result of a whiplash accident, hitting head
- Kids falling and hitting head on hard floors
- Usually get worse as the day goes on
- Increased by stress and when you are really busy
- Relieved by resting
- Can involve the whole neck and often shoulder area too
Causes of Tension headaches:
- Muscle tension in neck and shoulders from a problem in the lower neck area or upper thoracic spine is usually the cause
- Poor work stations and computer positioning
- Emotional stress from work or family life
Finding a solution to your headaches with Chiropractic care
Headaches often respond well to Chiropractic care if they are caused by any of the above factors. We recommend you book a consultation to find out what is causing your headaches.
When the pain you are feeling is a neuromuscular cause then Chiropractic care is one of the best ways to get relief. It has been proven to be effective in relief of headaches, using non–invasive, gentle adjustments of the bones to help the neuromuscular structures to function normally again. By having a Chiropractor adjust the specific segment in your spine that is causing your pain you are able to improve mobility, decrease pain and treat the cause of your headache.
Long term consequences:
If left untreated these problems that cause headaches can often lead to further issues down the track. For example the area of the spine that causes your tension headaches now will often result in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (Numbness and Tingling in your hand) in years to come!
The sooner you can be diagnosed and get treatment for these conditions the sooner you can start living life the way you want to!
Book now to relieve your headaches today.